When the weather starts scorching the party begins, and even though summer might be close to ending if there is one thing we know is that there is always time for a snack, especially if it’s as tasty and refreshing as this one.
Yes, we have discovered the perfect all-year-round snack that it’s the knock-out element at any get-together. We have combined two of your favorite things: food and alcohol, to get a result that doesn’t only taste good but makes everyone happy (guaranteed!).
This is an absolute success every time we serve it in our classes and because we want to help you cool down during your last hurrah to summer, we want to share with you the magic recipe that will make you and your guests booze up!
- 350ml cold water
- 250g caster sugar
- 100ml gin
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 whole limes
- Mix the water, sugar, and the rinds of both lime’s together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow the mixture to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool down completely.
- Once cooled add the gin and juice from the limes.
- Peel, core, and slice into 1cm wedges.
- Place the apples into the syrup, refrigerate and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
- Serve on shaved ice and grate lime zest to finish.
- Let rest in the fridge for 6 hours before serving.
Voilà! The perfect summer snack is ready to be enjoyed! Let us know what are your favorite summery boozy snacks!