27 Mar Salted Chocolate Mousse and Almond Praline Recipe
If we have been lucky enough to meet you in person, chances are you have tasted this delicious dessert, which just happens to be our take on a traditional catalonian dessert.
If you haven’t, trust us when we say you’ll become the new pastry chef between your friends when they taste this light yet intensely chocolate mousse. Yes, it is delicious and easy to make!
- 1lt double cream
- 200g dark chocolate 75% cocoa
- sea salt flaked
- extra virgin olive oil
- 200g almonds
- 100g caster sugar
Method (almond praline)
- Place the almonds on a baking tray making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until toasted
- Melt the sugar in a large saucepan on a low heat until it turns to caramel.
- Ensure the sugar is constantly stirred so as not to burn.
- Once the almonds and the caramel are prepared mix them together.
- Spread the mixture out onto a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper ensuring it is evenly flattened.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes
- Once hardened place the mixture in a food processor to blitz until small or chop roughly using a knife.
- Separate the cream into 750ml and 250 ml.
- Place the 250ml in a deep saucepan with a tsp of salt and bring to a slow simmer on a low heat.
- Place the remainder of the cream in a bowl and mix with an electric or hand held whisk until cream reaches the ribboning stage, around 2 minutes whipping, do not over whip.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large bowl
- When the 250ml of cream has come to the boil add it into the chocolate
- Mix both ingredients together until both the chocolate and the cream are fully combined.
- Using a spatula fold the chocolate ganache and the remaining whipped cream together
- Fold carefully so as to not overmix.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 8 hours before serving.
- The cream should have a mousse like texture, if it has not reached this point refrigerate for a further 2 hours.
- Place a portion of the mousse in a small ramekin or bowl
- Sprinkle one tbsp of almond praline on top
- Top with a small amount of sea salt flakes and a drizzle of olive oil (optional)